The Hawthorne Parent Council Election will be held on January 28th, at the start of the Council Annual General Meeting.
This year we are introducing a new election process for Council Executive.
Candidates for positions will be nominated in advance of the meeting (due Jan 21) and information about them will be circulated to parents in advance of the election (by Jan 23).
The nomination form is here and can be submitted to the office or emailed to email@example.com. Nominations need to be done by another parent and will be required for any current executive position holders as well as any new candidates.
Executive positions include:
- Parent Council Chair and/or Co-Chair (2 positions)
- Secretary (including a non-elected alternate)
- Treasurer (including a non-elected assistant)
- Enrichment Committee Chair
- School Improvement Committee Chair (this is an umbrella committee for the Big Idea, French, Staffing, and Garden Committees or any other committees formed by parents to coordinate council-driven activities).
In some cases, current position holders will likely be nominated for re-election. There many ways for parents to get involved in council! For more info on council roles and responsibilities, email the current Chairs: firstname.lastname@example.org
Where there is more than one candidate for a position, a vote will be held by paper ballot at the start of the Council Meeting on the 28th. For any positions where there is one candidate, the candidate will be acclaimed at the meeting. For any positions where there is no candidate, efforts will be made to find a volunteer at the Council meeting or thereafter.