NOTE: All TDSB schools and sites will be closed, the following programs and services will also be closed/cancelled from March 14 to April 5, 2020:
• All Continuing Education and Night School Courses
• All permits
• All Authorized Recreation Programs
• All EarlyON Child and Family Centres
• All TDSB eLearning courses
• All field trips, athletic events, and arts performances
• All school-based meetings and other public meetings and consultations
For more information, including a complete list of impacted programs and services, please visit the TDSB website.
Please read the letter from Dr. Eileen de Villa, Medical Officer of Health
This letter discusses:
• Advice for Travel Over March Break
• How can I help my family deal with their concerns about COVID-19?
• How can I protect myself and my family from this virus?
• Do people who have come into contact with someone who does not have COVID-19, but who was exposed to someone with COVID-19 need to take any precautions?
• What are other things that I can do for this situation?
For the latest factual information go to www.Toronto.ca/coronavirus
All visitors—including caregivers picking up children—are to follow the school safety procedure.
All caregivers picking up children must wait outside until the children are dismissed by staff. Please do not come into the building to wait, even if the weather is not favourable.
If you are visiting or need to come in to the school, please follow our safety procedure:
– Enter through the Essex doors (you’ll need to be buzzed in)
– Sign in at the Hawthorne Office
– Get a visitor badge and ensure it is visible while you visit the school
Thanks for your support in keeping our kids safe!
Book your sitters for
Thursday April 2 Thursday May 7 and head on down to the Monarch for our Parent Social and Online Auction!
This is our KEY FUNDRAISER for the 5/6 Montreal Trip!
Details to follow on how to get involved. STAY TUNED!
Dear Parents of Hawthorne II and Essex,
Thank you for a great response to our first round of afterschool programming. We’ve been running the KINDERart program on Thursdays and the Chess Club on Wednesdays with over 20 students in each. The vendors tell us this is great turnout for a school of our size.
Our plan for spring 2020 was to continue with KINDERart and Chess as well as relaunch EXPLORUM cooking and EXPLORUM science in French. However, after discussions with school administration we’ve decided to postpone a decision on our Spring 2020 programming until after March break.
This decision is solely related to the labour dispute, the difficulty running programs in this environment and potential inability to find space for make up classes. The feedback we are receiving on the programming itself is very positive.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Otherwise, stay tuned after March break for an update on Spring 2020 programs! At the very least we plan to bring programs back for Fall 2020.
Time: 6:30pm – 8:30pm
Place: Beverley School, 64 Baldwin St, Toronto, ON
- All Ward 10 school councils, parents/guardians, students, staff, and community members are invited to join me for a discussion about Mental Health and School Anxiety.
- With special guest TDSB social worker Heather Johnson.
- Light refreshments will be served and childcare will be provided.
For more information or to request any accommodation, including interpretation services, please contact Trustee Shared Services at (416) 395-8787 or Maxeen.Paabo@tdsb.on.ca.
Interested in Hawthorne II Bilingual Alternative School?
Hawthorne parents will host a morning coffee hour to answer questions and talk about our school, our community, and our current and future programming. Come join us!
WHEN: Friday January 31st, 9-10am
WHERE: Primary Playground, east side of the schoolyard
(near Fiesta Farms), 50 Essex Street
For more information, please contact email@example.com .
Come out and join our valued Hawthorne/Essex teachers on the picket line!
Monday, 8:30-9:30, outside the school. Bring snacks to share if you are able!
Let’s show our teachers that we have their backs, enjoy a wintery community hangout, and fight for the future of public education in this province!